I’m sorry that I’ve been missing in action around here! I had hoped to keep posts running twice a week but the past month has been very full and there was simply no extra time to publish anything! The *plan* is to be back with regular posts next week but in the meantime, for those who do not receive the magazine email updates, I wanted to mention that we are still looking for a few things for the next issue.
The theme is: Our Daily Bread. The Messiah said “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger” and He also told us “That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God”. In Scripture, bread is synonymous with nourishment and we would like this next issue to serve a dual purpose!
First, we want to focus on topics like “What does it mean to live by the word of God?” and “How can we feast on spiritual bread?” If you have an article to share along these lines, please send it our way!
Second, we want to include a variety of bread recipes! Please send us your favorite recipes, and pictures if you have them. The more variety, the better! We would love to have recipes for whole wheat bread, challah bread, sourdough bread, cornbread, quick bread, Ezekiel bread, gluten free bread, and whatever other kinds come to mind!
Now, I know how life can get busy and many of us have trouble making time to write, while others don’t consider themselves writers at all! But I do have something that all of you could help with, and it wouldn’t take much time or writing skill. The Messiah compared the word of God with bread and in the next issue I want to include some of your favorite Bible verses along with a few sentences about why they are special to you. This will be a great opportunity for us to “feast” on the Word!
So if you don’t have a lot of time to write and you don’t have a recipe to share, would you mind leaving a comment or dropping us an email with one of your favorite verses along with a short explanation of why it is meaningful to you? I would greatly appreciate it! And by the way, you’re welcome to share a favorite verse even if you do have an article/recipe to share.
The following columns are still in need of submissions so if you have anything that would fit in them, please share it:
– A Peek Into My Hope Chest… sharing tips and ideas about collecting items for your future home.
– Crafts In The Home… this can be a sewing project, a craft in which children can participate, etc.
– Healthy Living… thoughts and ideas on nutrition and natural/herbal remedies.
– Heroines In History… let’s hear about godly women, whether it is someone that you know personally, or a favorite character that lived hundreds of years ago.
– Out Of The Mouths Of Babes… quotes from or stories about young children.
– Pen Pal Place… Would you like a pen pal? Send us your name, age, address and little information about yourself. We will try to print your request in the next issue!
– Recommended Reading… review a book (can be fiction or non-fiction) that has blessed and inspired you.
And we will also be looking for bread-related photos for the covers and inside graphics. That can include anything from an image of sliced bread to a photo of a young lady baking or eating bread! If you have anything along these lines, you are welcome to submit them by email.
If you have any questions please feel free to let me know. I look forward to receiving your submissions. It is always exciting to see how the Heavenly Father leads individuals to share things that are an encouragement to so many others!
Have a great weekend!